So, it's been a crazy week and a half. I started my job at Luke Air Force Base last Monday. I'm in the same squadron Scott has been in for the last couple of years. I LOVE the job..in fact..I love it so much that it makes me sad to think that it's a temporary job. There are a couple of very small possibilities that the position could become permenant for me...I'll take all of the prayers I can get for that whole permenant thing!!! hint hint!!
We had a nice Easter here...not hiding eggs - kids are a little old for that - but had our friend Monica and her 3 kids over to the house for a not-so-traditional Easter meal of lasagna, greek salad, macaroni salad, bread sticks and of course a couple of "adult" beverages. It was a sad day for me as I was really missing Scott so it was nice to have some company.
Haley had the week off from soccer practice, man was it nice to have some free time again! They have a tournament coming up this weekend - The Red Mountain Tournament - in Mesa. It's a good tournament and we are looking forward to it. They will have one last tournament in May (the weekend after Charli's graduation) in California which will bring a close to this season. September will bring about the next season for all three kids. I think they will all three play in the AYSO league. That's the only option for Haley. Brandon played AYSO for many years...I didn't sign him up for the league this last year because he was playing football and soccer for his high school. In recent months, we have spent a bit of time around the families that continued to play in the league even though Brandon didn't...it was beyond obvious how much he missed it. It will make for a busier schedule next fall but I think we can handle it. Charli will be attending Estrella Mountain Community College by then and they don't have a soccer team for her play on. She has expressed some interest - okay, a lot of interest - in playing AYSO as well this fall. Having Charli playing too will make it easier for Brandon to play since they will be practicing on the same nights at the same times so she can take him!
We have some a real busy couple of months coming up getting ready for Charli's graduation. Geez...am I seriously that old?! Haley will be leaving for a week to the great state of TX right after the graduation to spend some time with Grandma Wanda and Papa Taylor. Charli is hoping to get picked up again to work at the base as a summer hire. She really enjoyed working in the Pharmacy last summer and hopes to be back there again. We're still not sure that the positions will open up but we are really hoping (again with the prayers please!) :-) Brandon will be busy with football practices and getting ready for a big season. Summer time football practices really make me miss Scott. He only got to coach for a portion of one season but it was obvious what a perfect fit it was.
Scott is doing well in Seoul. He's been pretty busy the last week or so. And is loving getting out and trying new things. He says that we could be there for years and not be able to see all of the amazing and beautiful things there are to see there. I'm so happy that he's enjoying his time. It will get better for him when he can get moved out of the hotel room and have an apartment to make feel a little more like home.
I had a high school senior photo shoot last weekend and took some of Charli's senior pictures this weekend so I'm busy editing. And loving it!!! Here's a couple sneak peaks at some shots from the weekend....
No comments:
Post a Comment