Friday, April 8, 2011

We have jobs!

Congress reached an agreement tonight at the 11th hour avoiding a government shut down! This means that Scott will continue to get paid...and the furlough I was facing has been lifted!  We both return to work on Monday and we both get paid! I guess I didn't realize how scary it is to think about both of us losing our income at the same time. It caused some initial worry for us but it seems we should be good to go. It brings to thought though the bigger question....just where is our government and our economic state headed?  Is there the possibility that our retirements could be at risk at a later date...yep! Is there the risk that we could face this same situation of non payment an furlough again...yep!  Is there anything that can be done about it...yep!  VOTE!  We all have the power to make a change but we don't have the right to complain about it if we aren't doing anything to fix it.
I'm thankful for the opportunity for Scott to continue to serve our country and that he'll get paid for it. I'm thankful to serve my country in my own civil service sort of way.  And I'm concerned about the future of our country. Praying daily that the Lord's hand is at work in the hearts of those in power.
Thank you to all of our friends and family who have been so supportive during this craziness!
We love you all!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment