Finally here's some more details from my trip to Korea. As Monday brought a close to the Pac Wide softball tournament. Tuesday started some actual sight-seeing. Scott and I made a trip up to Seoul Tower, and then to the I-Mall. (http://www.nseoultower.net/english/nseoultower/intro.asp)
This is the Seoul Tower from the base, there was a festival of some kind going on while we were there. The third photo I just find intersting that they built a staircase around a tree! And the fourth one you can see how the walk is really all stairs!
This is the view from the tower, and I thought this was interesting that people graffiti there too. The third photo is kind of cool...all along the way in many parks, walking trails, there are random areas dedicated to work out equipment. The Koreans are a very fit culture.
I thought this was kind of a cool pic of these two just chillin' together. The rainbow-colored thing that looks like a slide is really a trash shoot!
Korean vending machine. That's Seoul tower up at the top of the hill. Yah, Scott would have to be doing a lot of ducking to get in and out of some of these residences!
This guy is working very hard to get these boxes broken down and bundled up. I saw a lot of this kind of stuff while I was there. I'm kind of thinking maybe they make some money off of recycling this kind of stuff?! I thought this staircase was kind of interesting, leading from a residence down to tha sidewalk. Is that railing really going to keep anyone from falling over the edge? It's like 6" high! I loved seeing the Korean culture in everyday life...these 3 geneltmen we just shooting the breeze during the beautiful afternoon weather.
These two pics were taken at the I-Mall. Really???..Beans n' Waffles....yummmm..NOT!
We thought this was kind of funny, walking out of the I-Mall in downtown Itaewon South Korea, there was a Mexican band playing, and singing in English! How fuuny!These two genelemen work at this shop which is right down the road from Scott's apartment. We would drive by them every afternoon and they were always out there playing this game. Scott encouraged me to finally just ask them if I could take thier picture and they were happy to do so. The Koreans are so sweet!
Ok..so that wraps up my Tuesday!
No comments:
Post a Comment