I truly had great intentions....to keep up with the blog and keep our family/friends up to date at a more frequent pace...sorry...This month we celebrated Charli's 19th birthday, and got to do it with Grandpa Herb here too! We let Charli choose the venue...and went to Macayo's Mexican restaurant--YUMMY!!
 |
| Charli and Adam |
 |
| Grandpa Herb and his eldest granddaughter |
 |
| Quite a crew! |
 |
| The waiter was just happy we didn't start a food fight! |
One of the kind of cool things about living in such a small town and agricultural community is the different types of things we see here...
 |
| The school that Brandon and Brooke attend is surrounded on all four sides by agricultural...as I was taking Brooke to basketball practice yesterday, we saw this helicopter swooping WAY low...as we got closer we saw it was a crop duster... |
 |
| Then it landed on the trailer of this truck, filled back up with whatever it is they spread around...and off it went again |
 |
| ...dusting more crops. |
...now that I'm typing about this little adventure...I'm starting to realize that we might be crossing the "nerd family" line...
SO-- We finally decided to take the plunge..and invest in new carpet...
 |
| This was the view AFTER we unhooked all the electronics from the tv, stereo, surround sound etc. YIKES! I do have to give props though to Brandon...he had all of hooked back up in about 10 minutes! AWESOME! And thanks Scott for teaching us to mark every single wire possible! |
 |
| This is part of the reason why we decided to go ahead and do it...General (I'm pretty sure it was him) chewed through to the concrete while in their kennel. Guess who's getting a new plastic kennel (one that has no access to carpet!) |
 |
| I seriously underestimated the amount of dust that would be falling throughout the house during the installation--yikes! |
 |
| And this was the kind of help I was getting along the way...trust me...this didn't last long...before they could get their I-touches synced up I had them dusting and vacuuming! |
 |
| And this is the result! I love it! |
We are only 11 days away from Scott coming home! His truck has arrived in California so I think I'm going to fly to San Diego and meet Scott as he arrives in the US...then we will stay the night there and pick up his truck the next day and ride back together. I hope this little plan works out. It will be nice to have some time just the two of us before we get home and hit the crazy life of kids, dogs, and the rest of the world!
This week Brooke has her first softball game! She's quite excited. Not sure which position she's going to play yet but is excited to just be on the team and working towards her favorite softball farmer tan! Haley is returning home tonight from a soccer tournament in Las Vegas...it seems they did well but not quite well enough to make it to the championship game. They are learning a lot this year playing up in the state cup. Not as many "W"s but certainly a lot learned! Brandon decided against tennis-a little too "slow" for him. We are still hoping that the soccer team he on a few years ago will decide to form up again and get going! We'll see. He's pretty anxious for Scott to get home so he has a guy to hang out with and have Scott train him!
Ok, I need to get back to Brooke's senior announcements. They are almost done...just need to put some finishing touches on them and get them sent out. I'll post a copy of it here soon.
Much love to all!
No comments:
Post a Comment