Sunday, November 28, 2010

Hope you all had a nice Thanksgiving

The kids and I did manage to cook a Thanksgiving meal, even though I had stated earlier in the week that we weren't going to do it. The look on their faces was a clear indication that I was just being a big baby about being bummed out over the holiday and I clearly needed to get my act together!  So, they all pitched in, Brandon made the gooey butter cake, Haley made the mashed potatoes, Brooke made the sweet potatoes, and Charli...well, she's not much for cooking but she did help set the table!  It's not much like the big beautiful grand meal and table setting we all see on tv but it suited us just fine. We sat, we ate, we visited...it was nice.

I hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving as well!
*******

Scott is doing just fine in Korea. Things really aren't much different for him at the moment.  We are still planning on our trip there for Christmas. We leave on 21 December and return on 3 January. Hoping everything stays calm so we can make our big trip!  I will certainly let you know if things change for him and he still states that CNN is the place to go for current and up to date coverage.
*******

We have a busy week ahead of us...Brooke and Brandon start their Varsity seasons this week, basketball and soccer respectively.  They are starting off with a bang too, both have games almost every night this week and into the weekend as well. Haley has a soccer tournament this weekend and it's the final one for the season...the Spring season starts the first week in January...so a 3 week break (from games anyway)...they will still have practices.  My care gets some serious miles on it during these seasons! :-)  What the heck am I going to do when the kids are all grown and gone??  I'm not going to know what to do with myself!
******

Our love to all!
Jacki

No comments:

Post a Comment