So..as much as I hate to admit it...this is going to be a quick post. I'm going crazy tring to get everything ready for Scott to come home!!! He will be flying into Phoenix on Friday afternoon. I will scoop him up from the airport and we will do our best to make it though Phoenix rush hour traffic and back to Buckeye as quickly as possible so he can drop off his luggage, grab a shower and something to eat (maybe) and head over to Yongkers High School for the Varsity Homecoming Football game. This is the team of guys Scott had been coaching so he's excited to get to see them play! They are all pretty pumped up to see "Coach Scott" again too! Hopefully Grandpa Herb will be able to make it over to the "West 40" to go to the game with us! Saturday will be filled with visiting with Grandpa Herb and going to Branon's football game and topped off with a fundraising poker party that night. Sunday will hopefully be breakfast with Grandpa Herb before he heads back to Nebraska and then maybe a little down time for the afternoon and evening. I'm taking Monday off but will be running Brooke to the base clinic for her sports physical and Haley to the orthodontist to see if we really do need braces! (Deep breath) Then back to work it is for me...and hopefully Scott will have a chance to recover from any jetlag he may have.
Since my last post...My amazing and beautiful niece Laura and my mom and sister came down for a week.
And she can finally say "I love you aunt Jacki"!!! Makes my heart sing!
My dogs decided they would help themselves to the paperplates in the pantry..why did they choose the paper plates??? I have yet to figure that one out...but I guess it could have been worse...
I think Sarge learned the meaning of Karma because 2 days later he had an anal gland that was out of control and the vet had to slice it open! Now he's walking around with one of those plastic cones around his neck and we are lovingly calling him "conehead".
I guess the joke is still on us though since it ended up costing me $203 to get the damn thing sliced and drained...gross!
***** ***** *****
We had some new concrete added to our existing patio/pool deck. We had an area of grass that just wouldn't take...I got tired of the mud...Concrete sounds like a good idea!
It will look nice when we get a 2nd coat of paint on the entire deck!
**** **** ****
This week is spirit week at Yongker High School and today was "Super Hero" day. Brooke chose to dress up as her Dad (tear).
I gotta admit...I like the outfit on the girl!
***** ***** *****
And as we are playing dress up in the house...Haley comes to kiss me goodnight in this...
That's it..I'm scared. I'm going to bed!
Love to you all!!

No comments:
Post a Comment