I’m embarrassed to t ink about how long it’s been since I’ve posted something. I know it goes without saying that we’ve been super busy here….so here it goes:
The kids started school last Wednesday. Haley has entered the world of Middle School and is enjoying it. She still misses her old school but I think she is looking forward to the year. She is enjoying her classes so far. Attending her “open house” tonight it is clear that her teachers like her as well! Brandon is a sophomore and he too is pretty cool with his classes. He has been at the school all throughout the summer with football practices so he’s just comfortable there all year around. Brooke started her senior year here at the same high school Brandon goes to. She has done an amazing job just sliding right into the routine. She is already an elected member of the FCCLA and the Drama Club. It’s nice to see my kids so involved in their school! Charli will be starting her freshman year at Estrella Mountain Community College on the 23rd…it will be quite a switch for her. She is going on M, W, F so she has Tu & Th off to study or work or whatever.
The kids attended their first youth group at our church last Sunday. They LOVED it! They are all finally in the age group where they all go to the same one. So I dropped them off on Sunday at 5:15…went to Barnes and Noble, worked on some photos…picked them up at 7:00! It was glorious! They are excited to go again this weekend.
My (follow me here) ex-step-sister Pam and her daughter Alli are here in AZ this weekend. Alli is going to attend college in Scottsdale so Pam moved her down this weekend. They will be coming over tomorrow night for dinner, some swimming, and most likely Pam and I will have an adult beverage or two. It’s great to see her again, it’s been over 14 years…and I haven’t see Alli since she was in diapers!
Scott is in Atlanta this week…I’m happy he is back in the states but sad because I don’t get to go see him. It’s weird having him this close to home and I’m not going to fly over to see him. Oh well. He will be home on September 24th and I can’t wait! He will be home on his mid-tour for 30 days!! It’s going to be glorious! We’re starting to think that the whole going to Korea for Christmas thing just isn’t going to work. Tickets prices are outrageous at the moment and multiply that by 6!! Keep your fingers crossed that some amazing deal comes into play!!
No comments:
Post a Comment