Sunday, March 21, 2010

A quick update!

Ok, lets see. As you know, Scott made it home from Qatar on January 14, 2010. He was able to spend 48 days with us before he left for Seoul Korea on March 3, 2010. During his time at home he had some time to relax and blend back into having a family and a home again as an alternative to his 10' x 10' room in Qatar. Scott and I took a week and spent some time in Chicago! We had a blast and yes, I will get some photos loaded up soon. Thank you Aunt Mary for your hospitality! We LOVED your beautiful condo and Evanston is a great little place!!
So, Scott is in Seoul now, and is stationed at Yongsan Army Garrison in the middle of downtown! He is still in his temporary living quarters at The Dragon Hill Lodge. He has selected an apartment he wants to rent and will be moving in on April 14th. He is the First Sergeant for the 607th Weather Squadron but is doing "shirt" duties for his entire group. He has 63 airmen assigned to him directly which are located in 5 different locations across South Korea.
He has nothing but great things to say about the area so far and seems to be really excited for me to come over and see what all the fuss is about! We are trying to get me booked for a flight over there at the end of May for a week or so...and then we are trying to get the kids and I over there for Christmas this year.

As for me...well, as you know my position at the Town of Buckeye was cut in budget reductions in January of this year. The good news...I start a new job on Monday the 29th! I will be going back on base and working in Scott's old squadron, the Security Forces Squadron as a "Security Assistant", and no...I don't know what that means! haha! I'll have to let you know what they have me doing once I get started. I'm really excited to be going back on base though. In the mean time, I've been quite busy getting my photography business up and running. I've really been enjoying tapping into my creative side and shooting mostly family photos and senior pictures. If you get time, feel free to check out my website http://www.ohshootimages.com/. I plan to continue with the photos as I begin working on the base, it's something I love to do and I'm really enjoying it!

Kiddos: Charli is plugging away at her senior year. Graduation is May 20th! She is planning to attend Estrella Mountain Community College on the Presidential Scholarship and complete her AA. Then move on to Northern Arizona University in Flagstaff to complete her BA in secondary education. Brandon is enjoying his freshman year of high school and is doing well. He played freshman football and varsity soccer. Haley is in 6th grade and is crazy busy with soccer. There are no sports available for her grade at her school so we have her in AYSO soccer where she is the captain of her club team. We all enjoy going to her games and there are plenty of them to keep us busy!

Well, I'm going to leave it here for now, I have a few little stories that I intend on posting for you but will need a little time to get them up. Just make sure you check back often and again, thank you for tolerating all of my changes!

Warmly, Jacki

No comments:

Post a Comment